Administrative Assistant – Part-Time
Yakima County Fire District #4 (East Valley Fire & Rescue) is seeking a motivated individual for employment as a part-time administrative assistant. This is a 20 hour/week at-will position. Work days/hours will be as agreed upon with the Fire Chief and District Secretary.
Working under the direction of District Secretary/Executive Assistant, this position will independently perform duties within the department’s administrative functions, office/reception area and other areas of responsibility. This position must have the ability to maintain confidentiality. The position performs a wide variety of simultaneous, highly responsible administrative duties in support of the District Secretary, department operations and command staff.
This position requires frequent, extensive contact with department staff, general public, elected officials and multiple organizations, requiring accurate understanding of department policies and procedures, standards and requirements. The position requires problem solving, ability to use independent judgment regarding the dissemination of information to the public, and must be consistent with department regulations. All assigned duties are expected to be performed in and effective, efficient and safe manner.
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Shall serve as the receptionist for the Fire District
- Have proficiency in business telephone skills
- Promote the District and maintain good relations with the public and answer questions
- Provides clerical and secretarial support to all staff as directed
- Be proficient in general computer use
- Become proficient in typing into final form a variety of correspondence, meeting minutes, memoranda and reports, along with data entry, accounts payable and monthly payroll entries into the district accounting system
- Operates assigned office machines as required
- Shall comply with all department Policies and Procedures, general orders, and directives
- Shall maintain a neat and orderly work area and appearance
- Shall process insurance and public records requests pertaining to incidents for fire and EMS reports
- Scheduling of training room, verification usage contracts are signed, and usage fee is collected. Verify condition of training room after usage and report any issues to the user and District Secretary
- Update and change Policy & Procedures as approved by the Board of Commissioners
- Assist District Secretary with district functions as required
- Maintain YCFD4 web site
- Issue and update department identification cards
- Other duties as assigned by the District Secretary, Fire Chief or their designee
- Minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age; High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License with a driving record acceptable to the Fire District’s insurance carrier
- Must read and write and speak the English language
- Must be able to pass a background examination including criminal background check
- Prefer previous office and administrative experience
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Starting pay, $18.00 per hour
To apply for the position, you are required to submit the following:
- Cover Letter
- Resume, including two references
- Completed employment application – The employment application can be found by clicking here.
Submit completed application, resume and cover letter electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org putting “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
Applications must be submitted no later than April 5th at 4:00 p.m.