East Valley Fire Department also known as Yakima County Fire District #4 serves the residents of Terrace Heights, Moxee and all the area east of the Yakima River from ridge-top to ridge-top all the way out to mile marker 30 approximately the intersection of SR 24 and SR 241 an area also know as Blackrock the district as a whole encompasses approximately 125 square miles.
We are bordered on the West by the Cities of Yakima and Union Gap (Yakima Fire Department), to the north by the City of Selah (Selah Fire Department) and the Yakima Army Training Center (Training Center Fire Department) and also to the south by Yakima County Fire District #5 (Lower Valley Fire Department).
Yakima County Fire District #4 was officially organized on March 10th, 1947 when Mr. J.M. Burke, Mr. James Perrault and Mr. Lloyd R. Meyer met for the first time as newly elected Fire Commissioners. Volunteer companies were organized in both Moxee and Terrace Heights. The Commission appointed Oscar Tate as the Chief of the Department. Coats and boots were issued and drills were conducted and on July 22, 1948, the district received its first “red wagon” which was placed in service just in time for the busy Hop harvest season at the Moxee fire station. The districts second “red wagon” arrived on September 28th, 1948 and was placed in service at Terrace Heights fire station.